Sun, 18 December 2011
JIMMY AKIN PODCAST EPISODE 025 (12/18/11)
Logos Bible Software update
Android app announcement
Special "Apologetics of Christmas" Interview (pt. 1)
* JASON WARD FROM CATHOLIC DADS ONLINE (CatholicDadsOnline.org) ASKS:
1. Should Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus? There is no evidence the apostles did. When did it become a feast day? Weren't birthdays a pagan thing?
2. Why was he named Jesus when, as stated in Matthew 1:23, the Messiah was to be called Immanuel?
3. Matthew 1:23 quotes Isaiah 7:14 as “a virgin will conceive” from the Septuagint, but the original Hebrew uses the word “almah” meaning “young woman of marriagable age.” Was Matthew wrong to quote this?
4. What does Joseph’s reaction, in Matthew 1:19, to the news of Mary’s pregnancy tell us about his character?
5. Why would Joseph take a 9-month pregnant Mary to Bethlehem instead of taking her earlier? Why did he take her at all? Couldn’t he have just left her in Nazareth?
WHAT'S YOUR QUESTION? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO ASK?
Call me at 512-222-3389!
Join Jimmy's Secret Information Club!
Today’s Music: Away in a Manger (JewelBeat.Com)
Copyright © 2011 by Jimmy Akin