Pope Francis recently released a major new document on evangelization—how to share the gospel of Jesus with others.
In this episode of Catholic Answers Live, Jimmy discusses the document and the implications it has.
In this episode, Jimmy discusses the issues:
- Is Pope Francis the most misunderstood pope in recent history?
- Is the press malicious or just incompetent?
- Does the Pope hate capitalism?
- How should we understand Pope Francis’s treatment of Islam?
- What level of authority does an apostolic exhortation have?
- How did Pope Francis write this document?
- Are there translation problems in this document?
- What is the major thrust of the document? Should we evangelize “without words”?
- Does Pope Francis understand his pontificate as being “to the world” in addition to “to Catholics”?
- What are the priorities of Pope Francis’s pontificate?
- What to make of the interview with an atheist journalist that was taken down from the Vatican web site?
- What level of authority do press interviews with the pope have?
- Should the Vatican web site publish papal press interviews?
- What is the Acta Apostolicae Sedis?
- Will Pope Francis do major specific things in his pontificate? Is he an innovator or an implementer?
- What to make of Pope Francis washing the feet of a Muslim girl on Holy Thursday?
- Does Pope Francis hate the Traditional Latin Mass?
- Why shouldn’t we read our own preferences into what the pope says and does?
- Will the rule on women’s foot washing be changed? Should we be upset about this?
- What gravity should we attribute to rubrics in the liturgy, and how does it relate to the doctrines in the hierarchy of truths?
- How to understand John Paul II, Benedict XVI, and Francis in relation to each other?
(Original Airdate: December 9, 2013)