Sat, 13 August 2011
008 Hands at Mass; Mass Problems; Eternal Life; Talking to Animals; Does God Have to Be Good?; Chalices as Wedding Gifts
JIMMY AKIN PODCAST EPISODE 008 (8/13/11)
* Rob from Maryland asks what to do with your hands during Mass.
* Kevin asks about kneelers, spongy bread used for Communion, and priests at Mass thanking God for rainbows and butterflies.
* Wesley from Brooklyn asks about eternal life. What is it, exactly, and can we have it here on earth?
* Helen asks about Adam and Eve and whether they could have spoken with the animals and the serpent before the fall.
"The tree of knowledge of good and evil is the line of demarcation between the two original situations which Genesis speaks of. The first situation was that of original innocence, in which man (male and female) was, as it were, outside the sphere of the knowledge of good and evil, until the moment when he transgressed the Creator's prohibition and ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge. The second situation, however, was that in which man, after having disobeyed the Creator's command at the prompting of the evil spirit, symbolized by the serpent, found himself, in a certain way, within the sphere of the knowledge of good and evil. This second situation determined the state of human sinfulness, in contrast to the state of primitive innocence" (John Paul II, audience of September 19, 1979).
* Jeff in Omaha asks whether God has to be good or did we just get lucky.
* Sarah from Mobile, Alabama asks about keeping a blessed chalice at home.
WHAT'S YOUR QUESTION? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO ASK?
Call me at 512-222-3389!